FYI - found why my wifi setup connection always failed

I tried the web interface. when I get to the same spot it recognizes my network and when I put in password to connect it starts blinking fast green with occasional red. then my phone says no door.

Can you confirm the credentials you supply to Garadget by “forgetting” the WiFi in you phone’s settings and then re-connecting again?

I forgot the 2 garadget wifi networks that were there. then reopened the web interface and same thing happened again

I was referring to your phone’s connection to your home WiFi network.
In the process of the Garadget setup you select your home WiFi network and specify the password.
One of the reason for your unit’s inability to establish the connection (fast blinking green LED) may be the wrong connection credentials. One way to verify that is to disconnect your phone from the home network (forget it in settings) and re-connect again. If successful, then the credentials are correct.

Other things to check:

• make sure that 2.4GB band is enabled in your wireless router
  • make sure that WPA is selected as wireless security
  • if available, make sure that the beamforming feature is temporarily turned off

It has a beamforming feature. I have nighthawk X4 AC2350 Dual Band wifi router. I still can’t seem to connect. I’m trying to figure out how to turn off the beamforming feature

Please check if this is of any help. If your router’s admin is different please post the screenshot when you locate the setting.

the router is set up for 2.4. I already turned off the 5ghz

The 5.0GHz band doesn’t have to be off, what important is that 2.4GHz band remains on.
Any luck temporarily deactivating beamforming?

I am having a hard time finding where I can turn off beamforming

Found it. I turned it off and will try again

1 Like

no luck. when I go to switch over to connecting to my network it drops me after I click next.

Were you able to confirm the WiFi connection credentials for 2.4GHz access point by re-connecting some other device?

yes its set to 2.4ghz.

Yes, I understand that 2.4GHz access point is enabled. Earlier I suggested to verify that the password you specify during the Garadget setup is correct by re-connecting some other device with the same credentials and make sure that router allows the connection.

Oh sorry. Yes I’ve triple cheeked the password. I’ve even checked when I went into my router.

At this point I’d suggest trying to set your Garadget up on friend’s or neighbor’s WiFi just to establish if there’s any issue with the unit itself or it’s specific to the router. If you experience the same type of issue with the different router then we can try another unit.

Will it work it I set up using my phone as a hot spot? I tried that and it didn’t work either

It should work with the mobile hot spot assuming the security and other requirements are met. You’ll also need to use a separate WiFi device to run a client app for the setup.

Right I used a tablet when I tried

Alright, I would consider this a thorough troubleshooting. I’ll PM you for the exchange arrangements.