Google Home integration with Garadget

Just as an FYI because I haven’t seen anything here. I have my garadgets (3) working with Google Home via smartthings. Nothing extra was requried other than to setup the Garadget smartapp which I will link to at the bottom of this. Once setup and once the Google Home is setup with smartthings. Controlling the garage doors is easy by voice with no needing of IFTTT or the like.

Link to smartthings post

Also if you don’t have smartthings. You can still do this using IFTTT. In some ways the verbal commands become cleaner. Using ifttt you can literally say “Ok google, close the garage door” or “Ok Google, close garage door 1”. No special words like “trigger” as with Echo or “turn on garage door 1” to open it are required. You would still use the “maker” ifttt app for the second part as described here.

1 Like

Have managed to get my Google Home, with the help of IFTTT, to open and close my garage door through my voice command. Is it possible for Google Home to tell me that my garage door is opening if one of my kids opens the door as when creating an Appelet in IFTTT Google home has disappeared at the last step??? Hope I’m making sense :slight_smile:

You are and I’m not that familiar with Google Home and IFTTT. I do know that the Google homes aren’t easy to get to “announce” things. Google has the “broadcast” command but I don’t think many things support it. Even with my Smartthings integrations I had to do some work and run a small rasberry pi to run a program to get the “announce” functionality. Bottom line…I’m guessing IFTTT can’t do this…

Thanks for your reply :slight_smile:

Is there anyone out there clever enough to adapt what the below website suggests to get my Google Home to alert me when I receive a notification from Garadget?? Kinda lost me…!

Thanks

Took 5 minutes to connect mine to Google Home. the screenshots of Google home add device are outdated, but good enough to work through it. Thanks for adding this service. Works great!