IFTTT failure with garadget item

There was a change that was supposed to keep tokens valid indefinitely. I’m not sure if your last token was generated after that was in place. Let’s see if this happens again in 90 days and if it does, we’ll revisit the code.

Ok sounds good sir.

Well Denis it’s like clockwork: my IFTTT applet failed just now when I got home. I looked up this discussion and it was 3 months ago. The 90 day expiration is still happening.

@garadget continued follow-up: the service token for IFTTT has expired again at exactly 90 days. Same as it has for over a year now.

Thanks for the info. Not exactly sure why Particle tokens expire even though the auth request specifically calls for non-expiring tokens. I’ll have to take another look at the related code.

Sounds good, sir. :slight_smile:

Popping in again about the token expiration.

Exactly on cue it stopped worked yesterday, which is 3 months to the day from it stopped before. Thanks for checking in this Denis.

My applet ran 4 hours later. The garage door did not open upon my arrival at home (2:24pm). It ran 4 hours later while I was taking a nap (6:12pm). I only realized the garage door was open after checking my phone alerts that the door open applet ran at 6:12pm. Any ideas. Thanks.

So IFTTT is not perfect and I have had this happen before. It’s never taken this long, but it has been several minutes after I got home. I believe it’s due to the fact that IFTTT didn’t pickup my location quickly from my phone and once it finally did (many minutes later) it immediately triggered the open action.

My only suggestion, assuming your door opens all the time as expected, is to just open the Garadget app if you come home and it doesn’t open on it’s own. This usually syncs up my location (of my phone) with both IFTTT and the Garadget app. :slight_smile:

Geo-fencing trigger in IFTTT’s app relies on location data from the phone.
Mobile operation system may act economical when it comes to running location services to preserve the battery. You can tip the balance in the direction of more location accuracy.

You can find more information on this topic here: