Connecting second phone to Garadget

What are the steps to connect a second smartphone to my garadget? Do I need to put my garadget into a discovery mode? If so, how do I do that?

Nop, just install the app and login with the existing account.

Thanks. Will give it a try.

I have installed app on second phone. Does she need to use the same user account and password as me?

Yes, at this time you can just login with the same account.
Multiple accounts are on our todo list.

When I try to log in on the second phone, using the e-mail and password for my Garadget account, I get the “User credentials are invalid” message.

Please keep in mind that the login name is case sensitive.
If that doesn’t work you can reset the password at: https://www.garadget.com/my/forgot.php

I was using my keychain to try to login and I was getting in from my phone but not from hers. So I reset my password (to the same as it had been) and it worked fine. Thanks for your help.

Where are we no this? I have try to make this work on my wife phone. App works fine but when I set her up on IFTTT on arrival. The app gets confuse on that phone to take the location from.

I did get it working on her phone. Thank you.

I have had a few incidents where the Garadget gave a false reading. In one case, when I was out of town, I got a message from the app that my garage door was open. So I used the app to, supposedly, close it. The next morning, my neighbor phoned me to tell me that my garage door was open. It therefore seems that when I used the app, to attempt to close the door when the app said it was open, the door was likely closed and my use of the app likely closed the door.

Any advice? Has this happened to others?

I have started unplugging my electric opener when I leave town.

I have installed on second phone and can control garage door with both phones, but only receive notifications on the original phone. I have checked notification settings and they are identical on both phones. Any ideas?

@Twister,
On the second phone please toggle one of the notifications off and later back on.
If that doesn’t get the notifications, please PM the device ID and I’ll check things on the server side.

Thanks Denis.
That did the trick!

1 Like