Genie Model 2028 Compatible?

Professional Line Model.

I read the long list of compatible Genie door models, unfortunately, mine is not? Is there wiring alternative for the Genie Model 2028? Cool product, but surprised the 2028 did not make the list.

[Genie belt/chain/screw drive Garage Door Openers (Genie belt/chain/screw drive Garage Door Openers (2562, 2568, 3022, 3024, 3042, 3062 , 3064, 4024, 4042, 4062, 4064, SC1200, CB1000, CB1200))

Apologies for the confusion. If the opener is not specifically mentioned in a post talking about compatibility, it doesn’t indicate that it’s incompatible. I looked at the manual for Genie model 2028 and it is likely directly compatible. You can confirm that by momentarily connecting the two terminals for the wall console:

Your report of the result would be greatly appreciated.

Have not ordered the unit yet, but, will this possibly cause the unit to short out and make the garage door opener inoperable?

BWC connection (terminals #3 & #4 in J3) is for button and that’s what buttons do - they momentarily connect the lines. Usually term “shorting out” describes shorting of the power lines.

I just installed mine on the Genie 2028. Works well.

1 Like

Did you have to do anything special with the wiring? Do you have the original button also connected? If so, when the original button is switched off, does the Garadget still work?

I just did mine, it was easy. I moved mine from an opener in my old home to this opener in my new home. Works great. I used the left-over reflective tape that already purchased at the old home. I plugged the wires into BWC terminals 3 and 4 clearly marked on the back of the opener. Thanks for posting this here, it saved me a lot of time and effort.

1 Like

Can someone give step by step instructions to install the controller? I have a Genie 2028 and would like to install a controller for wifi controls. Are those generic control box sold on eBay work? Such as this one?

Can someone confirm that the white and black wires/terminals, the two on the right can be shorted to open or close the garage door without damaging to the opener?

Thanks!

Based on the earlier wiring diagram and the orientation of the PCB in your picture the black and white terminals on the right are the ones I’d try first. To confirm you can temporarily disconnect one of the existing wires in those terminals and the wall console should stop working.

Thanks for your reply. I just received my wifi controller (it was a generic brand) and installed it. It worked like a charm! All I needed to do was to attach the two short wires from the wifi device to the two right wires on the opener.