IFTTT 500 error, also password not accepted

After upgrading to iOS 11 my IFTTT for Garadget stopped working. I also was unable to authenticate to the app on my iPhone. So, I reset my password on this site, and am obviously able to log in. In the app, when I try to use the new password, it tells me invalid credentials. On the Garadget App Authorization page, it also tells me the credentials are invalid, or “client_id is a required parameter”. Does it take a few hours for the password to sync across all connections? I’ve logged in and out of the community site 3 times to ensure I’m typing in the proper password.

@Joemonk3y,
Please note that even though you are using the same email address for both, the account for this site is independent from your Garadget account. I have initiated a password reset on your Garadget account. Please let me know if this doesn’t resolve the issue.

I was able to figure out they were two separate accounts and have it all sorted out. I wish it was more visible somewhere that the community account and the garadget account aren’t actually the same account.

1 Like