Night Alert time

I have my night alert enabled from 10pm to 6am GMT-05:00 +DST Eastern Time. It has been working great until about a week or so ago. This morning, when I opened my door at 6:55am I received the alert “Garage 1 opened between 10:00pm and 6:00am” even though it was outside the enabled time.
Is there some kind of Day Light Savings time error going on? I’m using both the old and the new version of the iPhone app.

That time zone is configured to switch from DST (GMT-4) to the standard time (GMT-5) at 2am on first Sunday of November. Are you already on the standard time in your area?

Daylight saving time 2017 in Michigan began at 2:00 AM on Sunday, March 12 and ends at 2:00 AM on Sunday, November 5.
We are still on DST until the first Sunday of November.

DST configuration sounds right.
Please try re-syncing the clock by resetting the device (“R” button) and let me know if the issue persists, I’ll investigate further.

Thank you. I’ll try to reset it tonight and test it before I go to work tomorrow.

1 Like

I finally got around to resetting my unit. However, I didn’t evaluate it before 7am until after the time change back to EST this Sunday. My alerts are working correctly now. I don’t know if it was because of the time change or the reset or both.
Thanks for your help. I keep you posted if it happens again.

1 Like