Pebble Watch app

They bought the software and presumably want to do something with it, but it remains to be seen what. They didn’t buy the company.

I’ve released a quick update to fix a problem that’s emerged recently, though there’ll need to be another update to fix it better. I was planning to revisit it over the holidays anyway.

I’ve not done much with most of my apps since I added support for the Time 2 :frowning: and I could do with a new project.

Now I’ve fixed it properly so that it will work if the interface is enhanced.

1 Like

Holding down the select button now reinitializes the app, which saves exiting and restarting.

Just wanted to point out that this was a terrific surprise for when I got the Garadget. I had no idea that there was a Pebble app, but it is now one of my Quick Launch apps on my Pebble Time Steels.

If I could make two minor suggestions… I would rename the app to just be Garadget as opposed to Garadget Control as the latter gets cut off when viewing the name of the app on the watch. It would look cleaner as just Garadget. Also, it might be cleaner if the status states started with a capital letter instead of being all lower case.

And while color would be nice, I understand the idea of KISS.

Thanks again for making a great little app to go along with a great little device.

• Merg

It keeps it simple, and it gives the best possible contrast on the display.

The source is available if you’re feeling creative. :slight_smile:

LOL! I definitely understand the idea of keeping in B&W. That was more of a super-wish…

As for the other minor thoughts, I’d be happy to give that try.

• Merg

Hello,

I’m venturing a guess that recent events as discussed at 401 in REST API Even With New Account impacted this app, as it’s no longer allowing me to login to my account in the settings screen for the app on my phone.

I absolutely loved being able to control my Garadget with my Pebble time, I was curious if anyone could do something to fix the app/change the authentication steps… I’d even be happy to toss a donation to whomever’s way.

Pebble is still very alive and well thanks to Rebble, so the updated app could either be shared here and installed manually or could even be re-uploaded to the Pebble/Rebble store if @petersumm is still around.

That would be great; I’m still proudly rocking mine:

Yes! I just saw this past week that the app won’t let me sign in anymore. I am very disappointed that I cannot use by Pebble watches to control Garadget.

:frowning:

• Merg