Solid yellow LED

My Garadget quit after many months,and I was able to get it setup again – except that I was getting the rapidly blinking cyan with occasional red flashes, indicating an encryption problem.

When I tried to follow the instructions to fix this, I found that I could not get it into DFU mode: I get rapidly blinking magenta followed by a solid yellow LED, not a blinking yellow. I have tried this many times over, but always with the same result.

My firmware version is only 0.6.4, which I think is truly ancient, isn’t it. But I would need to be in DFU mode to fix that too, wouldn’t I?

Yes, with the device not connected to the server, DFU is the way to upload the firmware.
If you are out of option, we can arrange service - if your unit can’t be fixed, we’ll offer you a good discount for a replacement.

Please PM if/when ready.

I’ve PMed you twice without any response.

In the meantime I’ve continued to fiddle with this thing sporadically and actually twice got it into blinking yellow mode (in the process of trying to get into safe mode, following the particle docs.), but it was not detected as being in DFU mode.

When it’s in blinking-yellow mode, no device is found. When it’s blinking blue,

particle serial inspect

shows

“Integrity: FAIL”

for both

Bootloader module #0

and

System module #2

Alan,
I’ve replied to your PM with the RMA and shipping instructions.

The tracking info. showed that it was delivered to you on Friday. Has anyone had a chance to look at it yet?

OK, I received the Garadget back today, and it works fine. Thank you.

Alan