Verifying product ownership = "Oops!"

@joe: if resetting the devices and logging out/in doesn’t solve the problem then please PM me the device IDs and I’ll check the situation.

I reset it again and through the web interface, I was able to use my 3rd email address again to set up wifi, but with the same results. It does not show up anywhere. I have a device ID, but I can’t find anywhere in this site to PM you.

There should be a “Message” button in profile page.

Today I tried using the web interface and a different email to connect. Unfortunately, my SSID is hidden and the web UI wouldn’t let me enter one manually! So, still don’t have it working.

I did discover as well that if you follow the web’s directions and connect to the device’s hotspot directly, the Android app will not be able to talk to it again until you tell Android to forget that network (S7 Edge).

There’s a new Android App version available here before it gets approved in the marketplace. Fixed some crashes and setup wizard. Please submit your feedback.

New version from Dropbox fixed my “oops” issue (Android Galaxy S5). Didn’t work right away, said i couldn’t connect to the particle cloud or something, verify internet etc. I ended up logging back off, forgetting the controller wifi network and when I logged back in and started over it worked. Got it installed and working with no issues other than needing to strip a little additional wire back for my connection.

One issue I’m noticing is that the Open/Closed status and time isn’t updating unless I force the app closed. The picture of the door being up or down is correct though. Refreshing by swiping down doesn’t update the status either even though it appears to be refreshing.

Edit: hmmm, open/closed status has updated the time since I posted this maybe I just need to play with it more or maybe it’s a little finicky.

1 Like