Wifi not seeing garadget?

Installed android app, created account, tried to add door but app says (No Garadget devices found)

Looked in WiFi and can see the Photon I even connected to it but am unable to connect via app or web to input wifi password. Signals are strong and was performed close to both Android and router.

???

1 Like

Please click “add door” in user interface after you login to your account.
The process is outlined in the setup instructions.

Yes, as mentioned I did click “add door” in user interface. In the mobile app it just says “No Garadget devices found”. When performed via the web or browser it goes into a perpetual “Waiting for WiFi connection with Garadget”.

By the way, I’ve spent some time reading community posts related to “Device Setup” and verified some of the issues others may have had including but not limited to WEP/WPA and 5 gig vs. 2.5 gig hertz on the router and a couple of other issues. Unfortunately nothing has helped. Love the concept and supposed ease of setup but could I have received a defective unit?

Here are the screens following the “add device” click in the web interface (left) and mobile apps (right):

From what you describe, you’re not seeing the correct screen in the Android app (please confirm) but you see the correct screen in the web app.

Now, were you able to re-connect your smartphone to the PHOTON-XXXX network when instructed?

I’m having the same issue the app does not see the device. I click on ADD door, my phone is connected to Wi-Fi, the device is blinking blue. I click Start in the app and it does not see the device.

@Shock208, please start the process with the phone connected to the internet. Only reconnect it to the PHOTON-XXXX when prompted by the app.

I never connected to photon. I was only connected to my Wi-Fi router. Everything was next to each other so it was not a signal issue. The app does not see the device.

Do you see PHOTON-XXXX in the list of access points when you visit WiFi settings on your Phone?

Yes I see photon in wifi setting

Try using the embedded web interface for setting up the connection:

This will not add it to your account (we can deal with that separately), but we’ll know that the controller can connect to your WiFi and to the server.

I connected to photon and opened my web browser. I put the i.p. address you sent me and it said this site can’t be reached. But a file named “hello” downloaded onto my phone.

This is something previous version of firmware would do. Please PM me for the replacement arrangements.

1 Like

i have the exact same issue…PMing you …