Thanks in advance for any assistance.
I bought a refurb unit if that information helps diagnose the problem at all.
1) I have held down the M button for 10 seconds to force Garadget to forget previous wifi credentials. (slow blue blink, then fast blue blink, back to slow).
2) Via web/android or Iphone apps everything seems to work as expected until reaching the point of verifying ownership. At this time it progresses no further.
3) Fast blinking Cyan is occurring on Garadget at this time. My wifi has Garadget registered and the DHCP server has provided it an IP address.
4) I'm doing all this really close to one of my access points so it certainly isn't signal strength.
5) The wifi is set to WPA2+ both TLS and AES as I was trying to make the wifi as compatible as possible.
6) I tried setting up a port forward for 5683 to Garadget thinking it might need that level of access. It didn't help.
As I understand this, Garadget is successfully connected to my wifi but unable to communicate with the Garadget server. It's almost as though the Garadget is locked to some other account, like the previous owner (just a guess).