Official statement regarding the disconnected customer incident

We at Garadet would like to thank everyone for sharing their feedback regarding the denying of server access with a client that was not happy with our product. We would like to apologize to both the individual user and our broad user base for the manner in which this incident was handled.

Even though we are a startup company, we take great pride in our strong customer technical support and our ongoing commitment to customer satisfaction. This incident is not indicative of our support and we will continue to work on improving our customer interactions.

We are reviewing our internal policy and procedures around server access so that we may maintain our high customer satisfaction rate and customer security. We will continue to work with all our users to assist with product setup and usage, so they can control and monitor their garage doors from anywhere and anytime.

1 Like

I will certainly NEVER buy any product from a company that intentionally sabotages a customer’s product when even one customer becomes frustrated with said product, no matter how cool said product is and how many subsequent good reviews it gets. It the same as never again trusting a partner who has cheated on you; you always have a suspicion that, despite all denials, it will happen again. As a consumer, its quite easy to ignore a one star rating when its buried among ninety nine five stars. Conversely, its impossible to ignore a spiteful and childish response like yours. Its speaks to your temperament, and seems very likely to happen again.

1 Like

Though I have never gotten anything less than great customer service or technical support, I am glad Denis is learning from his atypical error in judgment in handling this difficult customer. I too would have had no patience for his behavior. But, that’s why I’m not in business for myself.

Keep at it, Garadget, and become a better business as a result of this incident.

3 Likes

As I’ve stated before, I understand the original response. It wasn’t the right one, but I think we’ve all been there with people that jump right to being a jerk to anyone in a customer service role.

I’ve been very happy with the product, I will continue to use it, I will continue to recommend it. I’ve seen a number of postings on other sites (reddit, facebook) of people claiming they have the device but won’t use it now. If one of you owners of unused products are reading this, send me a message. I’ll give you a $20 for your paperweight. Seriously. Send me a message. Put it on ebay and send me the link, I’ll send you a buy it now for the $20 and you ship the item. I don’t have another garage, but I’ll put it on my parents. Or my sisters. Or use it as a tripwire.

I think 99% of the people saying they will never buy one now would never have bought them. The support I’ve gotten here has been far above the support provided from most gadget companies.

Great product, normally great support that’s been very responsive from everything I’ve seen.

2 Likes

I have never had an issue with support. With the self install/config tasks for this device, some people may get into issues. But if you go off in a rage to support, any support, then in my opinion, you are in the wrong.
Treat others as you would want to be treated yourself and then the world would be a better place. If the product is not working correctly, just get a refund, no need to be so negative.

2 Likes

It’s not uncommon for a company to have a bad customer service experience. It’s not uncommon for it to make the news and have to deal with a backlash. I think this particular story is especially worrisome, though, because it speaks directly to the fear we all have with regard to our connected devices. Someone outside of our home can just arbitrarily shut them down without our consent? Frightening. I’m glad this situation is being addressed, and that it’s being used as an opportunity to improve their policies.

I have 3 garadgets, and love them. I have had nothing but outstanding customer service. I will continue to recommend this product and be an advocate for the device and company. Let me know if there’s anything I can do to help.

1 Like

Bought my 1st garaget around the same time this incident happen.
Did not deter me.

Heck the product didn’t work out of the box - did not deter me.

Why?
Cause I rather the company recognize its mistake, apologize & work on bettering its product & customer relationships than some Giant like Google - whose hardware routinely fail (see battery cliff dive for Nexus phones), don’t provide any support, sends you to a forum to commiserate with your fellow Google supporters & do God know what with your data.

So for all those angry burn the castle down mob mentality who have no verified purchase - you are fooling yourself if you think you can put your trust in some behomoth just because.

I got a chuckle out of Denis’s response. Sometimes you can just tell when someone has a chip on their shoulder and are more interested in complaining than receiving help. I thought offering the complainer a full refund and cutting him loose was justified.