Alexa skill not working?

My family has been out of town for several months and returned two weeks ago. When we try to use the alexa skill (“Alexa, tell smart garage open the garage door”) all we get is “sorry, i’m having trouble accessing your garadget smart garage skill right now”. I de-authorized the skill, and then authorized it again but still see the same error. Is there a problem with the alexa skill?

1 Like

John,
Do you still experience the issue with the skill?
I tested account linking and functionality on my Alexa and it all looks good.

Yes. just tested it and am getting same response.

Are you able to re-login and use other clients? app/web?

App and web work fine. logged in to android app last weekend without issue.

I checked the email in forum account and there are no devices associated with it.
Please PM me your Garadget account email and I’ll check things out.

Hi Denis,

I don’t know whether this helps your investigations but my Echo Show 8 hasn’t played nicely with Garadget for some time now. I have an original Dot and the new (v3 cloth) Dot which tolerate my requests and works although, from time to time, they route me via App is enabled do you want to open it, other times they just open the door. Despite working initially (I’m guessing > 6 months ago - and with the diversion re app enabled rubbish), the Show 8 has resolutely refused to acknowledge Garadget at all since Mar/Apr this year - lockdown focused attention on household duties !

It’s not a big deal for me bit may help.

Best wishes,
Rob

I am experiencing the same issue. I’m very disappointed since the primary reason I bought this device was for the Alexa integration, and it doesn’t work at all. I’ve tried disabling and re-enabling the skill multiple times.