Cannot add door

I’ve tried numerous methods provided in the forms (holding M button 3 seconds, 10 seconds), every attempt to get the ‘add door’ method to work via the Android app was not successful. I see the device ‘Photon-CJVA’ , but when I select it, it goes to ‘Connecting to garadget’ and displays that about 3 or 4 times, then displays “Please try running setup again after resetting your Garadget…”

Anyway, I was able to get it to connect to my wifi and my mqtt broker by manually connecting to the wifi hotspot. I configured it for cloud & mqtt. And it has a local IP address which should allow external traffic.

How do I get it to associate with my account? I’ve not tested my home-assistant setup yet, as I’ve done all my testing inside for now.

Outside of the normal setup process you can associate the device with your account by calling:

particle login (enter username and password when prompted)
particle device add [device-id]

Device must be online during the procedure. Running above commands requires Particle command line interface. If you don’t want to deal with this, please PM login/password/device-id and I’ll run the commands. Before you do:

• make sure you don’t use the same password in any of your other accounts
  • make sure to change the password after we finished

Hi Denis, same challenge as matthewdavis. Can connect to garadget and setup wifi manually, but cannot associate the device with account. Would appreciate if you could look after the Particle command line aspects on my behalf.

Have PM’d info to you.
thank-you

Eric,
I’m on it.

Works like a charm. Awesome customer service! thank-you