Compatible with ATA GDO-2V7?

Hi,

Can you advise if the this will work with an Australian ATA GDO-2V7?

As you can see in the picture the unit has a O/S/C (Open/Stop/Close) terminal, however has three inputs. Do you just connect to the Open and Close inputs?

Thanks

1 Like

Yes, you should be able to use Garadget with ATA GDO-2V7 opener.
According to the manual O/S/C pins are indeed:

used for the connection of a wired switch (momentary contact). This switch can then be used to open, stop or close the door.

There isn’t any wiring info I could find online. It may be worth calling firm’s support desk to ask for the pin-out.

Although there are just three connection options (1-2, 2-3, 1-3), trying them out may not be a good idea because one of the pins may be used for supplying the power to the wall remote; shorting it to the ground will overload the circuit. If I had to resort to that method, I’d do it through 2.2 (2R2) Ohm 1/4 watt resistor. The resistor will just go up in smokes if there’s raw power on the pins.

1 Like

Have you managed to get this to work? My parents have the same garage door opener and I want to get one for them as well as they forget to close their door.

The O/S/C contacts on the opener might work with Garadget, and it’s worth checking with the customer support.
In worst case scenario AUD 22 on ebay gets you a spare GDO-2V7 compatible remote. You can hook up Garadget terminals to the button inside of it.

1 Like

Any chance someone managed to get this working on the ATA GDO 2v7?

Working for me successfully, it’s the two left hand pins that you need to connect to. I confirmed this with ATA directly.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply peteinau. Can I confirm it’s the O/S pins from the picture above?

1 Like

Yup the O and the S pins as per the pins, I got a terminal block from jaycar to wire it up. The O/S pins will open/close/stop it with the momentary contact that garadget supplies.

2 Likes

Fantastic … you are a legend!! Thanks peteinau

1 Like