Compatible with BOL4 garage door?

Hi,

Just wanted to know whether will the Garadget work with a BOL4 garage door here in Australia. I believe the opener is rather dated and wanted to check before getting a Garadget. I believe I found the manual here at http://www.bossoperators.com.au/uploads/7/2/0/3/7203835/bol4.pdf and have also uploaded an image of the opener.

Thanks and look forward to feedback from anyone here in the community!

Regards,
Andrew

Yes, there should be no problem connecting Garadget to your BOL4 opener.
According to page 11, step 8 you connect to terminals 2 and 3.

According to your picture it appears that you have wall push button connected (same terminals where you connect Garadget), but photo eye terminal is not used. If you are going to operate your door remotely, I would strongly recommend having all the safety features enabled.

Hi Denis,

Thanks for the update and I have just completed an order for the Garadget. Can’t wait to try it out once it arrives. Thanks again!

Regards,
Andrew

1 Like

Hi Denis,

I have just received my Garadget and am trying to configure it. Unfortunately, after following the online instructions, I have not been able to see it being listed under my account? The Garadget LED is slowly pulsing cyan after completing the set up but I am unable to access it via my account. Thanks and any advice that you have would be very much appreciated!

Regards,
Andrew

Did you try logging out and logging back again?

Hi Denis,

Thanks for the quick reply and I did do that with no luck. Thanks again!

Regards,
Andrew

Ok, try also resetting the unit by pressing “R” button. If that doesn’t help, hold “M” button until the quick blue blinks and try the process from the very beginning.

Hi Denis,

Success with holding down the ‘M’ button and restarting the process from scratch. I actually did this before with no success but did not restart from the very beginning and instead restarted by logging into my account and adding a door from there. Re-registering from the very beginning again with the same credentials seems to have done the trick but how does that work given that I had successfully created an account before this? Thanks!

Regards,
Andrew

Hi Denis,

2 other questions that I have are:

1. If I want to change the wireless network that my Garadget connects to down the track, do I reset it by holding down the ‘M’ button again and restart the registration process again from scratch with the same credentials or can I just re-add it by logging into my current account?
  2. The Garadget Android app crashes on both my devices so I am unsure what the issue is as it crashes immediately after I attempt to open it? I have responded via sending feedback after the app crashes with system logs.

Thanks again for all your assistance with this!

Regards,
Andrew

Andrew,
To switch the WiFi network you press and hold “M” button to initiate the listening mode and use “add door” command from the app. This will NOT add the duplicate device, but it will configure the new WiFi access credentials in it.

Re. Crash: I’m notifying the developer @volpis_kostya, we’ll look into this issue.

Hi Denis,

Noted and thanks for the update.

I now have Garadget fully connected to my garage door with everything working fine! However, the only thing that I have noted is that the door status constantly switches to timed out for a few seconds before switching back to the regular closed status. Is this normal and if not, how can I rectify this?

Thanks again for all your work and assistance with this!

Regards,
Andrew

1 Like

It’s more of the cosmetic issue.
“Timeout” I’ll see about replacing that with “Connecting…” and less alerting graphics.

Thanks for supporting my project!

Hi Denis,

Thanks for the update and it’s fine so long as this is something that is expected and does not indicate that there is an issue with my Garadget.

I am more than happy to support your project as it is certainly a project worth supporting. Thanks again for all your hard work and assistance!

Regards,
Andrew

1 Like