Disable antenna from Craftsman

Hello,
Setup went smoothly as soon as I added a closer WiFi access point. One idea I had for this device was to use Garadget as the exclusive way to open and close the garage door and to disable the Craftsman antenna (Model#: 139.53515SR). I clipped the antenna to be tiny, but, somehow, the old garage door openers can still open the garage door about 50 feet away. I wanted to see if there’s a way someone here has found to disable the antenna or if removing the circuit and sautering it off is the only way. What do you think?

Before:

After (note the gray antenna is clipped off):

As an option: connecting antenna to ground (typically a negative side of DC power) should effectively remove any signal it may receive.

1 Like

Another option would be to reprogram your opener for no remote transmitters. I think you could start the reprogramming sequence but not add your clickers. Think “lost clicker” delete steps. Easy to restore if needed.

1 Like

@garadet @atschirner Thanks for the suggestions!

@atschirnerit it’s the neighbors’ new clickers that’s opening this opener – per long and fruitless conversations with Chamberlain support, there is no way to reprogram the opener to prevent this issue :(. Glad that smart folks at garadget figured out an elegant solution – I’m on the second day and it’s already helped a couple of times – I’ll be trying the ground solution to mute the notification each time neighbor uses their clicker :slight_smile: