Garadget Doesn't Fully open/close doors

I’m having a similar issue to another user from last October. My door only opens about 6 inches when triggered by garadget. The various scenarios are below.

If the actual door is closed, and the app sees it as closed, it’ll only rise 6 inches.

If the actual door is closed, and the app sees it as opened, it will open the door fine.

If the actual door is open, and the app sees it as closed, it will only close 6 inches, then stop.

If the actual door is open and the app sees it as open, it will close fine.

It seems like there’s just something weird going on if the garadget thinks the doors is closed, but i’m not sure why. I have not mounted my garadget or mounted the reflective stickers because as i understand it, that’s only for status monitoring, right?

Anyone else had this issue?

@Burger96,

The device relies on the sensor reports to decide how many times to “push” the button. Without the sensor confirmation it “thinks” that the door is half way open and it needs two clicks to close. From your scenarios listing you can see that the handling of your command is correct when the status of the door matches what controller knows it is.

Please complete the device setup and it will start working as expected.