Garadget iOS app not logging in

Hey Garadget community!

I’m having some issues with garadget working with the iOS app. It recently stopped working and automatically logged me out. When I try to log back in, it keeps giving me a Network Error saying “please check your wifi and cellular settings to make sure that your device is connected to the internet”.

Logging in from my Android devices works just fine. Any ideas on what could be causing this? I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the app to no avail.

Are you able to log out of the app?
Also try force closing it and if that doesn’t help then re-install.

From the Android device I can log out just fine. From the iOS device, it never lets me log in. I put in the credentials and then when I hit log in, it says logging in and eventually gives me the network error.

Please try uninstalling and re-installing the current app from the app store.
It is possible that you have a discontinued version of the app on your phone.

I tried that, but it doesn’t fix the issue :-/

Can you please provide the screenshot of the error message?

It looks like your phone has issue connecting to auth server.
When accessing https://api.particle.io/oauth/token in the web browser do you get message like this?

{"error":"invalid_request","error_description":"Method must be POST with application/x-www-form-urlencoded encoding"}

Another thing to try is logging in with WiFi enabled and cellular connection disabled, and if that doesn’t work then the reverse scenario.

Yes, I get that exact error. What does that mean? Odd because it works just fine from my Android devices. Let me try your suggestions as well

Neither of those worked

When I try clicking that link from the iOS phone, it says safari cannot open the page because the server cannot be found

Ok I figured out what was going on. I have an adblocker on my iOS phone and that’s what was preventing me from signing in.

Figured it was something like that, that’s why I wanted you to access the same server in browser. Thanks for the update with solution.