Garadget log, often offline

Hi guys,

I installed garadget around 18 months ago and it’s been mostly very reliable… however when I open the android app, it often can take 15-30 seconds to connect/check the door state, and sometimes (say 5% of the time) comes back that it can’t connect… sometimes I reboot it (power on/off) to get it up and running again… I added an IFTTT to close the door in the evenings (if left open) which has mostly worked, again apart from the odd evening - where I assume the garadget may have been again momentarily offline or the likes (certainly the power, and internet access were online…).

I recently used an IFTTT script to log events, and have noticed the following - is this normal?:
|February 22, 2018 at 06:58PM|online|
|February 22, 2018 at 06:58PM|offline|
|February 22, 2018 at 06:59PM|online|
|February 22, 2018 at 07:01PM|offline|
|February 22, 2018 at 07:01PM|online|
|February 22, 2018 at 07:01PM|offline|
|February 22, 2018 at 07:01PM|online|
|February 22, 2018 at 07:04PM|online|
|February 22, 2018 at 07:05PM|offline|
|February 22, 2018 at 07:15PM|online|
|February 22, 2018 at 07:15PM|offline|
|February 22, 2018 at 07:15PM|online|
|February 22, 2018 at 07:16PM|offline|
|February 22, 2018 at 07:16PM|online|

These online/offline entries are constant, day in/out…

Thanks for any advice on how I can look to increase reliability…

Re. Android app: you can force refresh the screen by pulling it down.
To troubleshoot the connection issue, please enable offline alerts and try powering up your Garadget close to the router. If you continue receiving the notification, try a different power source (e.g. power bank) to rule out power quality issues.

Sorry for the delayed reply. Sorry, I am aware of the screen pull down to force refresh - doing this multiple times still doesn’t gain a connection sometimes (but not always - however I’m assuming this is when the garadget is going offline).

My router is literally within 3m of the garadget, the signal strength is never anything but excellent (-55db typically) - I’m not sure what will change here but I could drag the router right up to the garadget if you think that will change anything?

To be clear on the power issue, are you talking about the garadgets power adapter and cable (still running the ones it came with), or are you talking about the power point it’s plugged into? I can run an extension lead from another power point if that’s what you’re asking, however I’m confident they are supplying a consistent 240v ac.

There’s still a possibility that the location of Garadget (e.g. next to opener’s metal case) can cause issues with the radio. Having Garadget next to the router without any other object that may interfere would help rule out a range of radio related issues.

Re power: Power related issues can stem from anything involved (power adapter, cables, noisy mains line etc). If there’s an option to run it off the power bank fro few hour, that will rule out most of the issues.