Garadget offline

Was working fine for months, then has been offline for days. I reset and tried to Add Door again using the Android app. It seems to connect and and the app says it’s successful but the status of the door still says offline/unavailable. The garadget light blinks green and the laser seems to work just fine. Also, I can manually open/close the door with the button on the device.

I tried to use a laptop and the web interface, however, I can never get the web app to connect after I connect to the Garadget device’s network.

Please try rebooting the router. If Garadget fast blinks green, it has difficulty connecting to the router. You can also try moving Garadget to the router for the time of setup. If none of that helps, please PM for the warranty repair/replacement.

I am having problems getting garadget online again. It has been offline for over a day now. I tried to set it up again, got blue blinking light, everything connects, then it gives me an error that there might be an internal error. Don’t know if this is a factor, but on my settings page for firmware version it shows a question mark (?).

@Bpderby,
Please PM me your device ID and the text/screenshot of the error message you’re getting.

Thanks for the quick response. I got everything working now. Just needed to switch to a different wfi. Again thanks for the quick response and I do enjoy this product!

1 Like

I’ve setup my Garadget without problems. But it keeps going offline at least once per day and stays that way until I switch it off and on again. Please advise how to resolve. Running iOS app and Garadget is located very close to Google Wifi node.

David,
What is the LED indication on your Garadget when you find it offline?

Blue and steady.

Slow pulsing light blue indicates that your Garadget is connected to server.
Next time the app shows it offline, please try checking the web interface to see if it’s offline there too:

https://www.garadget.com/my/

Sometimes when it’s offline there is no light. Other times when it’s offline the light is blue and rock steady (not pulsing slowly). It displays as being offline both on the app and on the website. If I leave it for 24hours it stays offline until a restart it.

This could be a power related issue. Please try a different power adapter. Any USB charger will work for this purpose.

OK, thanks. That seems to have fixed the problem. It’s been three weeks now without interruption.

As of a few hours, my garage disappeared form my dashboard, and can’t add it back.
If I enter the device ID and click on Claim Door, nothing happens.
The device is connected to my router, it gets an IP and replies to ping commands.

As a heads update.
If someone is using ad filtering on a DNS level, whitelist particle.io.
In the latest update of the adaway.org particle.io is blacklisted.

2 Likes

Good morning, my device went offline several days ago and I am unable to get it back online. I am getting a fast blinking green light and an occasional red projection light. Are you able to help me. I am not on Facebook or Instagram, but I can email you privately.

Robert,
Please try re-connecting your Garadget using the embedded web interface. Take note of the LED pattern when you submit the connection info and if your Garadget doesn’t come online then please send that info in personal message.