Garage won't open/close

Kim,
You mentioned that your opener is an older model. It is very unlikely that that the reason the commands don’t work is the same as in case of previous posters here. If you have to hold the button all the way while the door closes, the probable reason is that your opener doesn’t have a photo-eye safety feature installed/working. What is the model of your opener?

Hi Denis,

Thanks for your response. I mis-spoke in saying that you have to hold down the button to open or close the garage. I do have the photo eye safety feature (that detects if something in in the way).

The model number is 139.53970SRT.

Hope that is the information you needed.

Kim

From the manual it looks like for your opener, Garadget should be connected to terminals #1 & #2. If you already have connected to those terminals then please confirm the wiring by temporarily connecting the two screws in the back of Garadget with a piece of conductor and it should have the same effect as pressing a wall button.

Hi, I just received two of the controllers and neither one of them opens my garage door. I have a Liftmaster Professional…Model 2245. The app recognizes both controllers and when the door is opened and closed. Any help greatly appreciated.

Model 2245 appears to be compatible without the need for workaround involving the native controller. Please connect control wires to red and white terminals (two on the left). As the test, if they make a contact on the other end that should activate the door same way as if you pressed the wall button.

That fixed my problem, but now I am getting false alerts stating the door is opening or open when it is closed. Any suggestions?

Please makes sure the laser is pointed at the center of the reflective tag and not blocked by the release rope or anything else. You can find the full list of troubleshooting steps in the troubleshooting guide (part describing the issues following successful installation).

I just set up my new Garadget controller and everything went perfect. Everything is working as it should. Then I hooked it up to my garage door opener. It tells me when the garage door is open and closed but I can’t get the app to open and close the door. I have a Sears Craftsman 1/2 HP Model 139.53975SRT1 manufacture date of 02/01 with a red learn button. I tried the suggestion to short between to connector screws and found two that close and open door but when I connected the controller to those 2 screws nothing worked either from the regular openers or the controller. I tried connecting to the other two connectors that all the wires go to and it still didn’t work. Any suggestions?

Does your regular controller start to work again when you disconnect the wires from Garadget’s blue terminals?
Do you hear the relay ticking when you send the command from the app?

Yes, everything works ok when I disconnect Garadget controller. I don not hear any relay clicking.

The only way Garadget can impede the function of the regular console is if the control connection is shorted out.

To test for this scenario please connect one of the control wires to Garadget’s blue terminal while leaving another one disconnected. Then momentarily touch the unconnected wire with the unconnected terminal. If Garadget is shorted out, this should open/close Garage door.

I have a liftmaster7675 and am having the same issue that the signal is being sent to the garage door to open and close but nothing is registering. I see the arrows on the back of my garage door indicating which way its going. Also the app is not correctly identifying if its open or closed.

LifeMaster 7675 is a Security+ 2.0 with yellow learn button, it requires an adapter for controlling the opener. We offer a pre-wired option, but you can make one yourself too.

App not correctly identifying the door status is a separate issue. Please make sure the laser is hitting the center of the reflective tag when the door is fully closed. Let me know if the issue persists.

Hello, I’m having a similar issue after installation. Device is wired to wall opener and unit, paired in the app, with solid WiFi signal. When we try to use the app to open / close, Garadget clicks, the app appears as if opening to 15% and reverts back to closed. The door does not move. We have a Genie 715, I don’t see any security instructions in the manual.

Jenn,
I’m not finding online manuals for Genie 715, but openers from that brand also have some models (e.g. series 3) that do not support simple button operation required for interfacing with Garadget. The solution is either an off-the-shelve a dry contact adapter or homebrew adapter made out of a native wireless or wired remote like discussed in these posts.

If you need help with wiring a native remote, you can mail it in and we’ll do that for you. PM for arrangements if interested.