Home Assistant Software

I am no longer able to open and close my door using my Home Assistant Hub. The state of the door is shown but not the open and close section.

I am having the same issues. Has anyone got any info on this.

Getting these errors in the backend of home assistant.

File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/cover/garadget.py”, line 68, in setup_platform
covers.append(GaradgetCover(hass, args))
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/cover/garadget.py”, line 94, in init
self.access_token = self.get_token()
File “/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/homeassistant/components/cover/garadget.py”, line 180, in get_token
return ret.json()[‘access_token’]

Zach,
Did you look at Garadget’s local MQTT integration which is very much in the cloud-less spirit of Home Assistant:

yes i saw it. I guess that is what i will switch to if the component is not going to be supported anymore.

It’s community supported. I recommend reaching out to the developer, but given the choice LAN option is more desirable for range of reasons.

Yeah i will probably move to cloud and mqtt just so I can have the backup of the cloud services if my Local network is down. I have already posted something over on the HA forums.

The cloud connection relies on your local network, so if your local network goes down Garadget will also lose the cloud connection. However with direct MQTT interface Garadget will be able to communicate with your home automation if the internet connection or server goes down, while your local network remains operational.

Mean more like my HA/MQTT server was down. It is more likely to be down than the fiber.

Understood. While configuring MQTT connection you have choice to leave regular cloud connection enabled and enjoy the stock software when convenient.