Insteon Integration

I am beginning an Insteon setup in my garage for lights, motion detector and remote switch. Stumbled across the Garadget for garage door operation and monitoring, and it looks interesting. Has anyone been able to make it work with the Insteon hub? Or suggestions for integration? I also have a Google Home on order and my hope is to connect the Insteon hub to the Google Home, although there is no direct support yet.

Thanks!

Doug

There is no native integration at the moment, but I’d look at IFTTT Garadget + Google Home for it. Also if hub can make requests to web addresses, it’s possible to operate the door via REST API Calls (Example).

Thanks for the response. Since I wrote the above, I have discovered Stringify, and it works with Insteon to do similar things as IfTTT. I did not see Garadget in the list of hardware. Any plans to integrate with Stringify?

Thanks!
Doug

I’ll look into a native integration, but for workaround you should be able to link through their IFTTT link or Maker channel. Maker requests are direct and should be more responsive.

Thanks. Interesting! With the Maker Channel, I take it that Garadget can be accessed via a HTTP request? Any documentation on how to do that?

Thanks!

Doug

Yes, see how this was done with IFTTT prior to the official integration release.