Simple Commands Connection

Garadget got a connection with Simple Commands. You can use their app on Android & iOS smartwatches, smartphones, Alexa to control your garage doors as well as your thermostats, lights, switches, sprinkler systems, automotive info, and more!

This should allow among other things Garadget control from apple watch and Siri. Please give it a try and post your thoughts here.

Have been using this for the last few weeks. Mostly it works quite well through simple commands. However there have been a few occasions it has not worked. I suspect simple commands requires the watch to have access to the phone
The ideal scenario is for the watch to be able to operate independently to the phone when out of range (Series3 with 4G). May as well use the phone if you have it with you!

Thoughts?

@Garadget-Raptor,
Please try reaching out directly to Simple Commands folks with your suggestion.
They’re on twitter as @simplecommands.

Just wanted to post a follow up. It seems to work fine now. I can use the watch when well out of range of the p hone and home wireless to be able to open and close the door! Works well most of the time. Only times I have had issues is when the simple command program doesn’t see the door. But running a sync inside the watch program has brought it back each time. So haven’t been stuck outside yet :slight_smile:

1 Like

I use simple commands to control garadget through Siri, it works 75% of the time. I suggest you switch garadget scan period in settings.to twice per second as any slower will.delay opening the door until Garadgt received a response from the Sensor ”garage open Or closed”.
SC provide location services, however, if you wanter down the street and then start returning the garage door will open. Location services coupled with Bluetooth connected to car Blur Tooth would eliminate this issue.