Siri Integration

Ive noticed that we have integrations with Alexa and Google Assistant, but haven’t seen a simple to use 'Hey Siri" integration for all us IOS users who have been waiting patiently. I’m not smart enough to navigate the Raspberry Pi formula with Home Kit even though I have purchased everything needed to try. Lets just say I’m a little apprehensive at the thought of failing (cause I really wouldn’t have a clue as to what I was doing) and that makes me nervous.
This is just a groveling on bended knee request to help a brother out. All I want to accomplish here is to tell “Siri” to open the bloody garage door when I drive home without having to jump through hoops or go through the IFTTT or Google Home or Alexa or any divine power. Is that too much to ask ?
Hopefully my friends at Garadget read this.
Cheers,
Ian Pinto

1 Like

Ian,
Since you already have all the ingredients, I’d suggest trying the existing option first and if you run into any issues, please post the screenshot of where you got stuck and we’ll try to figure it out.

The native integration is still on the todo list, but we may bump against Apple’s licensing issues because the implementation will have to rely on their intellectual property and it doesn’t mix with the open source.

1 Like

I got Echo Auto so I can use Alexa in the car and can open my Garage Door by telling Alexa. It just Bluetooth’s to your phone & your car’s speakers.

2 Likes

Hi dk3417,
just wanted to follow up on this and let you know that it worked for me. I am now able to control my garage door by simply asking Siri to open the garage door …
Amazing find and thanks a million for sharing the video

Thanks! Glad it worked for you.