SmartThings App

Great, cool product…but if your hopes were SmartThings integration I think you may have gone the wrong route. It seems no one is supporting this anymore. If ST is important to you, you might want to return the garadget and go a different supported route.

For me, my main goal was to just know if my garage door was open or closed without walking downstairs, and secondary was to be able to remotely trigger the open/close from my phone. I wish i could have used garadget for both, but that wasn’t possible. Instead, I kept the garadget connected for the remote open capability (if i ever need it, it’ll be very cool) but for smartthings detection of open/closed, i used a “Ecolink Intelligent Technology Z-Wave Garage Door Tilt Sensor” which I had connected in a few minutes and the combination did the trick.

I have since left the Smartthings platform but went to Hubitat which is similar but local(and better). The ST app was ported over and hence with the auth broke is now no longer working. I wrote a MQTT driver for the Garadget for the Hubitat platform. I have no idea what kind of MQTT support exists in ST today but that may be an option. Otherwise there are some far cheaper options that use a relay and a contact or tilt sensor that should do the job.

The official SmartThings integration is live.
In SmartThings mobile app use “add device” and then look for Garadget under the brands tab.

We going to sort out the categorization so it is in “Garage Doors” instead of “Other”, but other than that it’s good to go.

1 Like

As SmartThings integration is fully functioning now, I went out and bought and installed a second garadget device. I can see and control both doors within the garadget app, but I can’t add the second door to SmartThings. When I go to add the garadget device, only my first device is listed and not my second. Any suggestions?

I’ve tested the feature with the account hosting two doors and it worked without issues.
See if unlinking and re-linking the account solves the issue. If that still doesn’t work, please PM me the device IDs of both units and I’ll check things out on my end.