Steel-line SD800 garadget installation instructions

Hi,

Before buying garadget, I want to get the instructions of setting it up on my Steel-line SD800 garage door opener. The wires are not visible for connecting garadget, so I have a doubt if garadget is compatible with SD800.

Thanks in advance
Saurabh

Saurabh,
Because there were no terminals for the wired button, the customer in this post ended up interfacing Garadget using a spare wireless remote:

Thanks for the reply. I have the spare wall console, so if I understand correctly I should open it and connect the garadget contacts to the button ccontacts underneath.
Just wanted to confirm the meaning of “You hook Garadget to the two contacts of the corresponding button underneath.”
Does this mean that I have to solder the garadget contacts to the button ones or is their a simpler way to hook it.

Thanks
Saurabh

Yes, got it right.
Garadget will electrically connect the two wires for a short moment and that in turn will trigger the signal from the remote to your garage opener.

1 Like

I have attached the image of the spare wall console of SD800, which contacts should I solder to get garadget working. The topmost button (one below LED) is the one which operates the garage opener.

Thanks

Regards,
Saurabh

Connect here:

Sorry I mentioned the wrong button in my previous post, the correct button is the one below (far from the led), will the contacts be on the same side of this button as well?

Thanks

Also once I solder the contacts of garadget and the spare console, do I still need the battery in the wall console? Or the power will be provided by garadget contacts.

Will be great if you could answer my last 2 posts so that I can order garadget with the peace of mind.

Thanks
Saurabh

Yes, same pair of the contacts with the other button (any two on the same side).
Re. battery: Garadget contacts do not provide the power, all remotes you intent on using will have to be powered with their regular source.

Thanks for the reply, will try it out now.

Regards,
Saurabh

1 Like

Hi Saurabh,

How did you go with this? Out of interest, how did you set up the wall remote and the Garadget laser in a way that the laser can be aimed at the door?

Thanks,
Damian

Hi All,

I have the SD800 also, but my connections at the top have a different label (see image below)
Does this mean I should be able to connect the Garaget directly to the receiver terminals instead of having to wire to a remote?
Hoping to figure out how difficult it will be before purchase.
Thanks

There is no information for “Receiver” terminal in the manual, but I looked up receivers for SD800 and the fact that it has relays in it (visible in pictures) likely means that your opener is controlled with the dry contact just like in Garadget.

I would try connecting to first two terminals on the left. Polarity is not important.

Thank you.

My Garadget arrived yesterday. I connected to these terminals and it works perfectly!

Cheers!

1 Like