Time zone settings confusing

The options for time zone settings are very convoluted and confusing. Is there a simpler way. Also the app does not automatically switch from Day light savings, it should.

Thanks
Rob

Rob,
Please let me know where do you live and I’ll suggest a time zone selection.
We are also open to suggestions on how the time zone selection could be better presented.

I think the best is to use the phone time zone and DLS setting. Why enter them manually?

The location of the door may not be the same as location of the client app. Multiple client apps in different locations can login into the same account.

Most of the time zones in the U.S are simply identified as Eastern Time Zone, Central, Mountain, and Pacific. How to fit in Daylight Savings, I’m not sure, put the GMT -5 + DST after the time zone destination.

The location of the door may not be the same as location of the client app

That’s a possibility, but rare - during set-up anyway. So I think still - by default - when setting up Garadget use the current phone timezone, but optionally allow to change.

The notifications are not (don’t have to be) configured at the time of the setup.
This could be a reasonable default choice when enabling that notification the first time though.

Hi,

Can someone suggest what the timezone is that my app will be using. I don’t see anywhere to change the timezone. I am in Brisbane which is +10. It has been proving a bit of a nightmare trying to configure night alerts.

Thanks

The time zone selector can be found next to the time period selection inputs in night alert configuration.
There is an option for “(GMT+10:00) Brisbane”.

Hi Denis,

Thanks for the reply. I have found it. It isn’t labeled on my app it is just an arrow to the right to indicate a menu option.

All good now.

Thanks

1 Like