Tizen (Samsung Gear) App

Hey folks,

Just thought I’d share the beginnings of a Tizen App I’ve created. At this point, you can log in, see the status of your main door and open / close it. This is likely buggy and not fit for public consumption but if you know what you’re doing, feel free to clone the repo below and get started.

I do have a couple of questions for people more familiar with the programming API:

1. The username and password used for auth… I copied that from the IOS Repo. I assume those credentials for use by any GarageNet App authenticating against the Particle API.

2. What’s the best practice for tokens? I elected a 12hr expiry on my auth token and reauth every time. Do people generally cache the tokens?

1 Like

@DaEagle,
Awesome idea, thanks for publishing your code. Please keep up the great work and post the updates as you progress.

Answering your questions:

1. To create a new account the app requires an auth client specific for Garadget organization, but once account is created it can be authenticated with either the organization specific client or Particle plain vanilla authentication endpoint. I’d suggest trying the latter first. If there are any issues, please let me know and we can create an app specific auth client.

2. Users typically show no appetite for re-logins. I’d suggest at least 30 days or longer. Time permitting, consider some additional confirmation feature to prevent accidental door actuation.

1 Like

I’ve pushed some changes today. The following has been updated:

• Auth has been fixed. Tokens now expire after 30 days and should be renewed if they expire (though that’s untested).
  • Tokens are persisted and not re-fetched when the app is re-hydrated.
  • App will pull down state every 60 seconds when active.
  • App will now show an animation when the door opens / closes
  • Lots of internal improvements / refactoring.

If anyone has experience with Tizen UI and would like to contribute, please let me know.

@garadget I’ve decided not to implement the accidental activation at the moment. I don’t think this is going to be a problem in the main app. It’s not easy to accidentally activate an app, even if it was previously running. Widgets are a different story so I’ll consider something when I implement that.

2 Likes

Sure, @DaEagle. See how it feels and what kind of feedback you get from other users.

1 Like