Will not connect to wifi

Will not connect to WiFi. Keeps saying internal problem. Retry

Please try using Garadget’s embedded interface:

• place Garadget into listening mode (press and hold “M” until dark blue blinks)
  • temporarily move Garadget close to home router
  • connect your phone or computer PHOTON-XXXX WiFi
  • navigate browser to http://192.168.0.1/
  • select your home WiFi network, specify password and submit
  • take note of the LED indicaitons

Normal LED indications are:

• blinking fast green
  • blinking fast cyan
  • slow pulsing cyan

If this doesn’t work as expected, please follow up and we’ll try few things with the router setup

i’ve tried the steps above and the device gets to slow pulsing cyan but it doesn’t show on the app. i’ve read so many threads already, tried different methods, scenarios except for usb - i’m not that tech savvy and i shouldn’t have to be. please help this is very frustrating.

Dee,
The above steps are for connecting Garadget to the network, but they will not associate it with your account.
If you got to slow pulsing cyan then you know that your unit is online and there are no communication issues.

From here you have following options:

• press and hold “M” button until LED switches to blinking dark blue. This means Garadget is ready for setup and you can re-try setting up using the mobile app.
  • you can associate the unit with account using the command line interface. this is somewhat technical so if you don’t want to deal with that then:
  • you can reach out to us in private message with the account info and we’ll add your unit to the account

Im having trouble setting up the device again as it has gone offline. It is now flashing cyan (no red) although it was flashing cyan and red the previous to rhis reset.

Are you able to access the embedded web interface and submit the new connection info?

Hello,

I had my Garadget connected at one point, but that was about 1.5 years ago. Now when I connect, I get error:

“Your device has been successfully claimed to your account., however it is offline. If the device was already claimed before this setup, then the Wi-Fi connection may have failed, and you should try setup again.”

I know my router Wifi password is correct, which I entered. Connecting via WPA2-AES. Green light is flashing fast, right after I enter the router Wifi password. Then get the above error message. Followed by slow blinking blue light.

I’ll remark that I cannot connect to 192.168.0.1 either, once connected to Photon-XXXX. Thanks.

What is the LED indication on Garadget at the end of your setup process when you get the error message in the app?

When I get the error message, it is blinking green (fast). Soon after that it transitions to blinking blue (slow).

Thanks.

Blinking green means that Garadget tries to connect to your WiFi.
Let’s test the password you give to Garadget: please go to your phone’s WiFi settings and select “forget” on the same connection and then try re-connecting with the password you give to Garadget. Are you able to re-connect?

Ok. Verified that the password is indeed correct, by entering it after forgetting the 2.4G connection.

Is your Garadget still mounted on the opener?
For the next test, please temporarily take it down by removing M4 screw which connects the mount to the main enclosure. Then try repeating the setup in the same room with the router.

Actually, it was not connected to the garage opener during any of my earlier activity. I am performing the test in the same room as the router. So signal is excellent.

Thanks for the info.
While LED is blinking dark blue, please connect your smartphone, tablet or WiFi enabled computer to PHOTON-XXXX access point and navigate the browser to: 192.168.0.1
You’ll either get ‘hello’ (old firmware) or setup page (new firmware). if you get just ‘hello’ then try 192.168.0.1/device-id

With LED blinking blue and connecting to the PHOTON-XXXX.

So using Chrome, I tried 192.168.0.1, which results with a hello file being downloaded. Content “Soft AP Setup”.
Using Chrome and navigating to 192.168.0.1/“device id from the web access page settings”, results in nothing.

Please make sure the spelling of the URL is correct: 192.168.0.1/device-id
All Garadgets should handle that request with a text output containing the device ID.

That is just it. I cannot connect to “192.168.0.1/XX004dXX115XX534XX39XXXX”. The ‘X’ are added to protect my actual device ID.

The correct literal URL is 192.168.0.1/device-id
There is no need to substitute device-id with the actual ID.

Is there an option to try connecting your Garadget to a different WiFi router? Mobile hot spot on another is a good choice, or neighbor’s WiFi.

I was able to join to another router and the firmware updated to 1.20. I then proceeded to go to 192.168.0.1 and it loaded the web access page. I then updated to connect to my router (first one, I was trying to join). The light is now slow blinking green, with the laser pinging.

Do you think I am good to go? Or is my router still an issue?

If you see the slow pulsing light (cyan) with laser blinking then you’re all set.
If you don’t see the unit in your account, then you can claim it at: https://www.garadget.com/my/claim.php