Wiring with GDO-7 v2

Garadget connection to GDO-7 v2 Securalift garage door opener is via terminals marked OSC and GND.

image2%20(1)

image1%20(1)

Quote from the manual:

GND - Common ground for accessories.
OSC is used for the connection of a wired switch (momentary contact). This switch can then
be used to open, stop or close the door. Install the wall switch in a location where the switch is out of
reach of children and the garage door is visible.

@garadget I have this unit, and I find that “stop” is not working, it seems to wait the amount allowed in the “Relay Off Time” and move in the opposite direction instead of stopping. Is there a setting I am missing? The remote is just a simple button press, if the door is going up, press the button to stop, press again will bring it back down. How can I recreate just a 1 button press?

Does it not work when closing or when opening?
Normally it takes two clicks to stop the door while it is closing.

It’s just one click to stop.

If the door is closing. One click to stop. If you click again it will go back up.

If door is opening. One click to stop. If you click again it will go back down.

This is not typical behavior that’s why it is not working as expected. I don’t think we had any reports of the same issue, but this could be a setting in the app at some point.

Meanwhile, I’ve custom recompiled the firmware for you. You can get it here, instructions for flashing here, just replace garadget-124.bin with garadget-124-1click.bin
The change made in the source is here.

Thanks, that has done the trick, the only issue is the app following what is actually going on. e.g.

If the door is closing. One click to stop. If you click again it will go back up. The app thinks its going down.

Sorry, forget above, I was simply tapping in the app not swiping in the direction. So the app can follow the door logic as long as I direct it correctly.

I am operating this door via MQTT so I have created logic to stop direction errors, so far it’s working perfectly.

1 Like

If it helps, HA natively follows my door “logic” correctly enabling and disabling arrows in the UI. This isn’t anything I set, its simply following the status topic from MQTT.

e.g. if the door is “opening” and I hit “stop” HA wont allow you to hit “open” anymore, only “close”

Thanks,

Is there any number of clicks that sends the door closing from the stopped state? That can be adjusted in the source code the same way to match the app’s expectation.

Just one click, the only way it will go down from a “stopped” state if it was stopped while “opening”

If the door was “closing”, then “stopped”, one click would make it go back up.

double clicks or anything like that wont do anything.

That means it takes 3 clicks in total to continue closing from a stopped state after closing. The issue is that the current firmware doesn’t make distinction based on the previous direction: the command issued is the same regardless if the door was closing or opening before stopped.

I would think you simply don’t allow that action. In Home Assistant it wont allow that action. If the door is going up, and you “stop” it, it only allows you to press “close” again. It wont allow the “open” command. Unless you stop it going down. (hopefully that makes sense)

Here is closed:

Here is stopped whiled opening: I can only click down.

I used a separate sensor with Node-Red to track that state.This is a little changed from that guide I posted.

This also allows me to hit “close” while “opening”. It will hit stop, wait 2 seconds and issue the “close” command.