Alexa confused by Garagio

Used to work but now I can’t control Garadget any longer from Alexa. Every time I try, it thinks I am trying to use Garagio. Its not setup as a skill but Amazon insists that I’m trying to interact with Garagio. uggghhh

Need some help.

jon

The Company said in a prev post they are working on a solution and aware of the Garagio issue.
What I do is use IFTTT, the trigger command its very simple
Connect Alexa to IFTTT then create a new recipe with Alexa and Garadget
You can create Alexa, Trigger Open Garage and Alexa, Trigger Close garage and it works great in Alexa

Hope this helps

I have had the same issues. Slow it down a little and pronounce all 3 syllables and it works better for me.

Anybody experiencing the issue is welcome to join the testing of the updated skill with invocation phrase “Smart Garage” as in “Alexa, tell Smart Garage to close all doors”.

@garadget when I click that link I get “Your Amazon account does not have access to this Skills Beta Testing skill. Please contact the Skills Beta Testing administrator to gain access.”

Same here. Can you add me to the beta?

Invite sent

I didn’t get an invite so I assume “Invite sent” was to Jon. @garadget can I get an invite?

I sent the invite to your email in forum profile. Alternatively can follow the link in the post above.

Hmm, I still don’t have an invite.

As I mentioned above, clicking that link gives me the “Your Amazon account does not have access to this Skills Beta Testing skill. Please contact the Skills Beta Testing administrator to gain access.” error message.

I checked spam and still didn’t find anything, then sent a test email to that address and confirmed it’s working.

Ok, taking this to PM.

Worked for me. I’m in.

1 Like

I am having the same issue with the ‘garagio’ skill not being connected response. Even when I try to clearly speak GA RADG ET I get the same response, ‘you need to link your …’

What I do find helpful is the term ‘open garadget’. The problem I am having with that is the ‘Welcome to garadget …’ and 10 seconds more of Alexa response. I might be exaggerating but if someone could revise the text to simply ‘garadget available, go ahead’ or something to that effect I can simply provide my next command and be on my way. Like when my hands are full and I simply say ‘open two’, done.

I to am having the problem of “garagio” link instructions when using Alexa. Also the phone app won’t control door open/close from work. Work is 20 miles from home with no WiFi but good phone service and internet works on google. Any answers on a update release time frame? Worked great for about 2 weeks then the problem started. Should I uninstall app and reinstall it? [quote=“jonmarinello, post:1, topic:3176, full:true”]
Used to work but now I can’t control Garadget any longer from Alexa. Every time I try, it thinks I am trying to use Garagio. Its not setup as a skill but Amazon insists that I’m trying to interact with Garagio. uggghhh

Need some help.

jon
[/quote]

I’d appreciate an invite to test the Beta. Amazon blocks me from accessing the link you provided. Thanks.

Jim,
Responding in PM.

Can you invite me to participate in the Alexa beta as well?

I was using IFTTT with Alexa, but in the past couple of days that stopped working too.

Please PM your Amazon account email and I’ll send the invite.
Though IFTTT issue is not related to Echo skill and we can troubleshoot that separately.

Ok, So here’s 2 more cents tossed into the Pond…

What I found as a temp work-around to address this:
In the App/Skill, Disable Garagieo, or
Voice command Alexa to Remove Garagieo Skill.

This is a Pain in the A$$, but Garadget will work for 3 more Voice commands before it decides to reinstall it. (Repeat every 3 times)
Until you disable the Garagieo App/Skill, you will continue to have issues with the Garadget App/Skill.

I can’t understand WHY Alexa continues to enable a Skill that I did not specifically request? I have sent numerous emails requesting an answer on this specific issue, with no response from Amazon. I will continue to irritate them with the same email complaint until I get an answer, or until the functionality is corrected.

Last but not least, I have to ask why Alexa programming allows the Garagieo Vendor to take precedence over the Garadget Vendor?
I don’t hear Garagieo Users complaining that the Garadget App/Skill co-opted the usage of their system when using Alexa?

Just sayin…

A

I am getting an “access denied” response from Alexa now. Can you please check and correct.

Merry Christmas