Changing router details

I want to change the router details in settings for 2 doors. Can I do this without going through the " add door" process again ? It seems a lot of mucking around just to change to another router?

There isn’t much involved there other than specifying the new connection credentials.
Please start with pressing and holding “M” button until LED blinks dark blue, then click on “add door” from within your account and follow the prompts.

Also you can update the credentials via the command line interface wirelessly or via USB/Serial.

Easier said than done. My Garadget says it is already set up but it has no web connection.

Bob,
please describe your situation, and I’ll be happy to assist you.
There were few changes since 2017 so that post may not be best source of information now.

Thanks for your note Denis.

I installed garadget and it was working well (other than a few false alarms about the door being open when it was not).

Then I got a new wifi router (with the same extender but a new password) and had trouble reconnecting garadget to the extender, so I procrastinated for more than a year. I recently went out to try some of the things that were suggested by the garadget community to see if I could reconnect. I could not get them to work.

I have a NetGear extender.

When I tried to add my garadget as a new door, it told me that this garadget was already set up . . . but I can’t find a way to change the wifi password for the existing door.

Thanks for any advice you can provide.

Bob

Bob,
Are you on Android or iOS?
You should be able to put your Garadget into setup mode and repeat the setup from the existing account.

I am on iOS.

You can either use the web interface as demonstrated here and here
We’ve also updated the iOS app, which you can use to re-setup the device as shown here.