Garadget app - annoying sign-in

Please check that you have the latest version. On iOS look for Garadget 2 in appstore.

I do have v2. At least when I find it in the App Store the option is “Open” rather than “Get” and the interface matches the examples.

I am using the Android version, and although the version number does not show up anywhere, there are no updates for the app in the Google Play store, so I would assume its up to date.

Why is it playing dumb and asking me to log on again?

This appears to be account specific issue experience by few. It’s possible that there are too many tokens from previous logins so some get invalidated on each new authorization.

You are open to the idea of using the command prompt can get the list of active authorization tokens by running:

https://docs.particle.io/reference/cli/#particle-token-list

you can clear out existing tokens by calling:

https://docs.particle.io/reference/cli/#particle-token-revoke

I am not following you. Are you suggesting using a command prompt on the Android device? That is where I am having the issues with login to the Garadget app.
Thanks,

Doug

The command prompt work on PC/Mac/Linux. It will allow to see all the authentications for your account across all the devices including those for Android phone.

Ah, I am pretty tech savvy, but this is way over my head. I clicked on those two links - is that all it takes to clear out tokens? Does not seem right - how would it know my account?

Seems like there needs to be a user friendly way to fix this.

Doug

There’s a mobile friendly web page you can use as a backup. https://www.garadget.com/my/login.php Bonus: if you have chrome save the password then you’ll never have to remember it. Just bookmark it or save the link as a desktop shortcut.

Geeez just use a password manager you gigantic sook… :man_facepalming::man_shrugging:

I agree that everybody should be using a password managers for a number of reasons, but let’s spread the message without the name calling.

Hi Sooker. I am using a password manager, but it does not work on the Garadget app. I am unaware of any password mgr which will work in Chrome AND in an app. If you know of one, I’d like to hear about it.

Hi svtdork. 1Password. You’re welcome.

Thanks SookDork,

A better solution would be for Garadget to fix the app so “remember password” did what it claimed.

You’re welcome svtnouse. So you did not in fact want an answer to your question?

If this is how legitimate questions are handled in this community discussion, where do I find a contact address for a person that will answer my question. I do not need to come on here to find cheap and uncalled for ridicule.

I agree that the password for the community is extraordinarily long for a forum where there is almost no risk of loss if someone were to get into my forum account BUT I do want a longer and more complicated password for linking to my Garadget.

Let’s keep it friendly, all.
Those with the login issues on iOS, please check out the new beta version. I would love to hear if the issue persists there too.

Once again I am stranded outside my garage and faced with an app login request. This is driving me crazy. Garadget folks, this needs to be fixed!

Doug