Beta testers wanted for new Garadget iOS app

Thanks for your report, @abarbee314.

A post was split to a new topic: iOS App Beta Testing

I seem to get partial door opens which I never got before. Opens about 1 foot then stops. Fortunately I can action it from the app which in past I couldn’t. Any thoughts as to why it would stop moving?

@Bigjab,
The scenario you describe is possible when Garadget thinks the door is in the stopped state (it takes two button pushes to open). Do you get a reliable sensor reading? Can you confirm that in web app?

Done a few days testing now … here is the results

When I open the door I always get 3 messages

Normally

Opening
Closed
Opening

Sometimes
Closed
Opening
Opening

When closing I only get one

Closed

Always a delay on opening / closing for a few seconds and the timing is awalys out ( Iv put in the door length time )

Bigger icon is good , but it does not display the name of the garage door completely ( old app does fine )

Hope that helps

The new app is now live in the marketplace with the legacy app also available for now. You can run both alongside and provide your feedback which is much appreciated.

This problem has made my garadgets in operable, I am now forced to get out of the vehicle and open with the wall switch. Very fustrating

Eric, I sent you a password reset email.

I’m not sure why. I have my password. My issue is that when I open the app and switch doors it locks up and just spins. I give tried deleting the app, logging out and logging in, and shutting down the app completely.

Does it work with initially selected door before you attempt to switch?
Are you able to control all of your doors from old version of the app and web interface?

yes whatever the door that is up top can be controlled, however if you need to switch doors it crashes the app. As my luck has had it the door I need is never the one that pops up

A post was split to a new topic: iOS App Beta Testing

Improved iOS app is ready for testing. If interested please join the testers group at:

1 Like

Just downloaded the app. Although I am mildly concerned - my door magically opened 20 minutes ago and I am pretty sure my wife is not home early. And my son is still in school. That was right after I downloaded the new version… Hmm…

@abarbee314,
Can you try to repeat the same actions and see if this happens again?
The app doesn’t have code to autonomously operate the door, only when explicitly requested by user.

I deleted the beta app and downloaded it again from Test Flight on my iPhone. No weird behaviors yet. Hopefully it was just a one-time thing. Thanks for checking in Denis.

I have the beta app installed. So far so good, using it for about a week. Only thing I have noticed is I no longer get an indicator showing the door open/close progress. I used to get this. I did have to relocate the garadget to a beam because it was vibrating too much and throwing off the laser.

anyone else having issue with the beta app not showing door open/close progress?

Nvm - seems to be working fine now…

1 Like

New iOS app is available for early access via TestFlight.
Find the info and signup link in this post: New iOS App