Google Home/assistant integration

Please can you add direct support for Google Home and the Google Assistant? IFTTT is unreliable and it’s impossible to control the garage door from a Google Home device, ifttt integration only works on the phone. The Garadget doesn’t display in the Google Home Hub list of available integrations either.

2 Likes

Totally agree with this request

2 Likes

@all,
Thank you for your requests.
This is on our list and we’ll deal with it as soon as we have availability.

100% Agree. I have tried to get IFTTT and google assistant to work with limited success and much wasted time. All I really want is to have an open/close garage door button on my google home, without having to open a different app that only has one use.

Other than that the product is great.

Thanks

1 Like

Me Too!
I had Google Home working for over a year but it suddenly stopped working early this year for no obvious reason and I’ve not been able to get it working again since.

At present, I can only open/close my garage door by physically activating it on my phone and in Australia this is illegal while driving.

Thanks

All,
The native Google Home integration is published.
Please give it a try and let me know what you think:

https://assistant.google.com/services/a/uid/000000dddfad9cf3?hl=en-US

Your support with favorable ratings of the action is also much appreciated.
PS: If you don’t see it in the list of Home Automation devices, please try again later. The new action may take some time to propagate.

3 Likes

Will this let us have the garage door close if it’s been open for say 5 minutes? ie. “someone” forgot to close the door.

sorry, I ask because I don’t see it yet.

What you are describing is not directly related to Google Home or the voice control. We consider adding this as a hardware feature at some point.

The software discussed here is strictly a voice control integration. You should be able to use door commands as part of the routines which offers some automation options:

https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/7029585

1 Like

So at this point in time, the only way to do this is with a Home Automation app? What apps are supported?

Thanks

Please see the full list of integrations at:

https://community.garadget.com/t/client-apps-and-home-automation-plugins

Still can’t see it listed in the Google home app.

Yeah, I keep checking several times per day. Not sure why it takes so long to propagate to the app.
Will reach out to Google it it’s not available early next week.

At first, your link above worked and I could send that to various devices though I want at home so couldn’t test but now that link doesn’t work.

Hmm. It still shows for me, but not in incognito windows (not logged in). The release is shows as deployed in Google’s developer console:

I’m submitting a support ticket with google…

Got the response from Google:

Hi, developer

We appreciate your interest in Actions on Google!

We confirmed your Action is not launched for Home app Google Home app yet.
It’s in progress, so please wait for a while.

If you have any questions regarding the Smart Home action review progress or app deployment, please reach out to [email removed].

We thank you for your patience and understanding.

Best Regards,
Jaehoon
Actions on Google Support Team

I’ll keep checking and will make a separate announcement when it’s fully deployed.

1 Like

A week later I reached out to Google again:

Jaehoon,

It’s been a week since we’ve communicated, but our approved action is still not available in Google Assistant app.

Please let us know if there is anything we can do to make it publicly accessible.

Thank you.

Got a reassuring response from Google in almost perfect English:

Thank you for contacting the Actions on Google support team.

Unfortunately, your action is still wait for the launched to the home app.
If you want to more information about the review process, please refer [this page] and contact [Smart home support].

Neither of the two links lead to the information on review process.

Next, I’ll try their official support subreddit.

Still not showing for me. Anyone else have any luck?

Evan

Got reply from Google support. They requested implementation of additional authentication for door operation (e.g. verbal pin). That will take some time. I’ll deal with that and resubmit the integration in December.

Ah, nice, smart Google, looking forward to it. Having different users for the app would be good too.

Also looking forward to this. Just installed the integration and not working. Hoping that adding this post to the forum will get me updates as this progresses. I bookmarked it as well.