iOS Notifications Not Working

Rich,
Please PM me your device ID and I’ll check the settings on the server side.

I replied to your last message without a response back. I see that you suggested to Rich to PM you the ID. Should I do the same and, if so, how do I do that? Thanks.

Sorry, must have missed the notification.
The issue is not on your end. I’m looking into potential APN (apple push notification) certificate issue.
Please stay tuned for updates.

Any updates yet? Thanks for looking into it for me.

The issue got resolved. Please toggle one of the notification off and back on to re-subscribe.

this fix works for me, thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Help! Some notifications never work.
My unit works fine, and I get IOS notifications for timeout and night alert. But I never get notifications for Stopped or Location. Any ideas to debug this?

Oh, I just noticed the app should be inactive. I switched to my home screen and got a Stopped notification OK. But I can’t trigger a Location notification. Any ideas?

@rdg,
Are you using the latest version of iOS app? We’ve recently updated it. Please check and let us know if the issue persists.

Yes I have Garadget 1.0.6 installed a month ago. Are there updates without incrementing this number? Please advise if I should uninstall.

Firmware version 1.20
My IOS is 12.0

Garadget settings in phone are:
Location = always
Notifications = allow, sounds & badges
Cellular Data = on

There was an update few days ago. Maybe your app has already updated.
It wouldn’t hurt to uninstall/reinstall just to be sure.

I have reinstalled, but still cannot get a Location notification. Can you list all the preconditions and actions needed to trigger a Location alert on iPhone? Thanks.

Location alert should be triggered when the feature is enabled and the phone leaves the geo-fenced area while the garage door remains open.

That’s what I bought the device for. Can you help me debug this?

Do you have location services enabled for Garadget app in OS settings?

Yes, repeating my previous post:

Firmware version 1.20
My IOS is 12.0

Garadget settings in phone are:
Location = always
Notifications = allow (lock screen, notification center, and banners); sounds on; badges on
Cellular Data = on

Do you not get location alerts only or any of the alerts?

Walked out the other morning and garage door open with no alerts sent, very disappointing. Also the app keeps “logging me out” and I have to constantly re-log in. IOS iPhone 6+ also on iPad. Did not get alerts on either. I just downloaded the beta version.

Hi Denis,

My notifications haven’t worked for a few weeks now. I did temporarily disable the connection status messages as I was getting multiple on/offline alerts but I’m not getting anything for door motion alerts on iPhone 8 (iOS 11) or iPad (iOS 12). Alerts are coming through on my wife’s HTC Android phone.

Incidentally, I’m a long time owner, having bought off the early Kickstarter/Indi rounds but my community account seems to have been deleted. I still receive notifications about betas (which was how I was able to make sure I’d got the right email address) but couldn’t sign in. I re-registered using my original credentials and all’s well. Is there a period when you auto delete accounts ?

Regards,

Rob.

P.S. The unit itself is still going strong - a surefire way to jinx it !

Rob,
For the notifications, please try to uninstall the app completely and re-install the app from the app store. The name of the current app “Garadget 2”.

I’ll check the config, but I don’t remember enabling any for automatic purging of the accounts. Betas are handled by the iTunes Connect, so it could have been a different account. If you have a message from the community board from the earlier time, please PM it to me with header and I’ll investigate.

Don’t worry about jinxing it, if that happens, I’ll take care of it as the special favor for the early supporter.