New Android App

Im getting quite a lot of false positives, where im getting notifications that my door is opening, and directly afterwards that its closed, sometimes even at night.
so im not in the position to actually check if the door is opening or not, only thing i can check is with openHAB, but its not registering these events.

How do you enable fingerprint authentication? I’m not seeing that in my app.

Think i found out why this happens, its quute stormy here, and 1 side ot the railing is hanging in tie wraps, so it moves a bit with hard wind gusts.

It’s in the hamburger menu under Authentication. The feature is available if touchID is enabled and there are known fingerprints in the system.

Is there no longer an Android Wear companion app included with the Android app?

I keep getting notifications to update the app, however when I click on the notification, nothing happens. I checked the app and the release in the play store. Am I overlooking something?

The notification is sent based on our record of users with old version of the app, but it is possible that some entries are outdated. If you already have the new version of the app, then please ignore the message.

Here are the current apps:
iOS: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/garadget/id1501251646?ls=1
Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.garadget.android

Is there any way to stop those update notifications? My app is the latest version, but I get them every time my garages open or close.

The notifications about the update are not linked to garage door opening or closing.
If you continue receiving notifications on door events, please review your configured status alerts in the app’s settings.

Hi, I’m using the new app (v.2.0.5+11) and I have my scan period set at 5 seconds. When I tap to open the garage door the app shows the garage door opening for about 2 seconds before flicking back to closed again (but the garage door itself is continuing to open). Then it sits at closed for about 15 seconds before the animation starts again and this time opens fully. It’s a bit confusing and leaves me a bit unsure that the door is actually opening when I tell it to.

Do you experience the same effect with the default scan period of 1 second?

No, not at 1 second but it does do it on every other setting - even “Twice per second”

Thanks for the info. I believe this has to do with the app syncing the status of the door more frequently than then controller updates the status from sensor. We can adjust that in future release of the app.

Any thoughts on an app for WearOS? I loved having the app on my Pebble and now that I also use a WearOS watch a lot, I would love to have that same functionality.

Thanks,
Merg

Any chance of a night version or get rid of all the white areas on the app…” it is blinding when i open it in the dark