Security+ 2.0 Openers (yellow "learn" button)

I don’t have one with me, but if you post the pictures of the both sides of the PCB inside it and I’ll suggest you the hookup points.

Attaching pic of pcb

Please see below. You can pre-test the hookup points by shorting them with the piece of the conductor and making sure that the door responds.

@garadget I also have a 883LM but I think I have an updated revision. Attaching pictures. Can you advise? Thanks in advance!

Here you go:

1 Like

Brilliant, works like a charm! You are awesome @garadget.
Couple of settings questions.

1. I’ve one door and one garadget but I’ve installed the app on two phones; an iPhone and an Android. That should be ok right? I see diff door name though I set it as the same.
  2. How do I do up alerts to notify me that garage door is opened for X mins and auto close the door after Y mins?
  3. How do I set up to alert if the door remains open after, say, 9pm?

Thanks

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback. Now questions:

1. no problem with that. You may want to restart your unit by clicking “R” if the name didn’t propagate right. Renaming in the app is another option
  2. you’re describing “timeout alert” available in alerts tab of the app. You’ll have to issue the close command though. This avoids potential problem when the door starts closing unexpectedly.
  3. that’s “night alert” feature in the alerts tab of the app. Make sure to configure the time zone.

I finally picked up a 883lm button here is some pictures

1 Like

By popular demand, now we carry a stock of LiftMaster 883LM wall buttons pre-wired for connecting Security+ 2.0 openers to Garadget or other dry contact controllers.

6 posts were split to a new topic: Garage Control

Newbie here. I have a Chamberlain B970 MyQ WiFi enabled. I want to to the same bypass the +Security 2.0. This remote door button uses a battery (pic from March 2017) Does this hack process really need battery power? Is there another remote that doesn’t require a battery but draws power from the garage door opener?

@Kei,
In this post you see the pictures of the removes with and without batteries. Those with the batteries are based on the wireless remotes: you will only need to hook them app to the dry contact relay (Garadget) and they communicate with the opener wirelessly. The buttons without the battery are wired wall consoles and they do receive power from the opener and will have to be connected to it.

i soldered two extra lead wires to the dry contact relay of my new 883LM. I tested the 883LM on its’ own and it functions perfectly opening and closing my garage door (Chamberlain B970 WiFi & MyQ enabled).
I have also just installed the MEROSS smart garage door opener. I’m using the MEROSS because it supports a “open garage door” voice command where MyQ does not support “open door”.
The 883LM dry contact wires are connected to the MEROSS input. I can open and close my garage door with Google Assistant BUT each time I ask Google to open or close, my Chamberlain wall mounted control panel time display is reset “blinking 12:00” The signal from MEROSS going to the 883LM isn’t the perfect code? So I re-test. I disconnect the MEROSS, reset the Chamberlain wall mount control panel time, press the 883LM button - garage door opens and closes; the time displayed did not get resest. So the MEROSS signal to the 883LM dry contacts is not perfect. Any thoughts? thank you, Kei.

Garadget has a setting for how long the relay keeps the contacts closed. There should be a similar setting in the controller you are using. It sounds like it keeps the contacts closed for too long and that starves your wall console of the power.

thank you for your prompt reply. my Chamberlain B970 has battery back up, won’t the battery maintain a constant power supply to the wall control panel? Where can I adjust the controller on the 883LM? thank you.

The opener has a battery, but the wall console doesn’t. It charges onboard capacitor from the same connection they communicate. If there is too much going on the line, the capacitor can’t recharge. Consider using a wireless dry contact adapter if the issue persists.

thank you. how long do the lithium batteries inside the 891 last?

The batteries should typically last at least three years under normal use.

how do i wire the speaker wires

Those are connected to the normally open relay contacts.