Wish list - suggest your ideas

CARPLAY and/or Android auto - I didn’t see those even listed on your polar survey that you put out there. I truly do respect and understand you prioritizing things in terms of features and enhancements but I’ll make the case again that CarPlay and android auto or hand in glove with this particular product. It really seems like the perfect marriage because it replaces the garage door opener at a finger touch it’s just that simple.

As always thank you for listening to our feedback. You’ve always been very responsive and very quick to reply to any of my emails and suggestions.

3 Likes

+1 for CarPlay/Android auto

1 Like

+1 for CarPlay

We gotta move this feature to the top or near the top of the list of new features. PLEASE!!!

Where does this lie in the list of prioritized features?

Agreed. This would be a really awesome new feature. It is long overdue IMHO.

I agree - and moreover - The simple question Hass to be who invents a garage door opener that you can’t control from your car?? To my way of thinking a nice to have would be control from your phone or your watch or some other device but day one it should be controlled from the car like android auto or CarPlay!!! This seems so blatantly obvious but the developer and the creator of this device just doesn’t get it!!!

Would love to see a native widget with open and close buttons For iOS and Android. Currently have this via IFTTT, but can be slow and sometimes fails.

1 Like

Yes, this would be ideal. I installed a separate camera just to do that.

1 Like

Hello to all. it’s my first post on this forum. I hope I’m not on the wrong topic. i bought a couple of garadget products and i can’t find alexa’s skill on the italian site. How can I contribute to ensure that the skill is also regionalized in Italian? thanks

I would like to suggest a Samsung Galaxy Watch app (TIZEN) to operate directly from my smartwatch.
Thanks

Now that Google has opened up Android Auto to outside apps, I would love to see the Garadget App on my Android Auto head Unit so I can open and close the door without using my phone. Google Assistant and IFTTT have been hit and miss. Works sometimes and not others.

1 Like

Try Shelly Cloud. I just bought a load of these. They are pretty good and customisable. Love em!

I want to connect my Shelly and other cloud products to Garaget, via direct MQTT or URL calls. To give some awesome home automation functionality. Fully auto reliable Home and Away modes, house away sentry. Come home lights, music, heating/cooling, coffee etc…

So E.G. would like to capture Garaget State in user specifiedlocal or web MQTT, rules trigger through Garaget URL page calls or Node Red or OpenHab/HomeAssist, with existing voice control through Google/Alexa etc…

Camera Button: Yes I agree, maybe a simple configurable Button that launches up a video Rtsp or URL feed with user supplied credentials, might do the trick.

I got a separate Reolink camera which I’d like to easily and quickly launch up when I get a Garaget Alert. If there’s a camera button or if the alert has the option to launch straight into that Rtsp or URL it would improve user experience.

Alternatively you could have a RTSP or URL call launch configuration box for each Settings/Alert as an Action item. Would be awesome!

Can you make a night app version? The top and bottom of the page is white and when driving at night and you load the screen to open or close the door its is blindingly bright. Thanks

Is it possible to develop an oil tank monitor? Would this be something you would consider? Many homes in the UK are oil fired, using kerosene/ 32 sec oil that is stored in a large 2500 litre tank that requires monitoring usually with a long stick to dip the tank. Any existing products I’ve seen are quite crude and accuracy is only to the nearest 5% over a height of oil tank of about 1.5 metres/5 feet. Surely something could be made to measure this more accurately?