Wish list - suggest your ideas

Thanks Denis for your fast reply!

• I saw it on the voting list but since 2016 it is a hot item and till now I’m still stuck with a solution which makes me catagorize Garadget as a gadget and not as a replacement, suited for a household with more then one person (and even then it is not practical). Hope your final solution will be as elegant as the example of Netatmo.com. Different kind of users (admins, users, visitors), invited by an admin by e-mail, sometimes with a timeframe, and possible being revoked by an admin. All by app. And each admin with it’s own alerts and logging.

• Stopping works on Android if i set the opening time to a short ‘Door motion time’ of i.e.5 seconds (the smallest while the real time is 20 sec), which mean I have to wait 5 seconds before the app will respond. In the meanwhile the animation of the door opens/closes completely. I have no clue and have to wait a while if the door is closed (or not. Refreshing of the app is not that fast when reality is different). I consider this as a workaround and not very accurate.

• Thanks for the form but i was referring to the app which correctly state that the password is incorrect (when typing a wrong password) but when i ask to send me the password, the app states that the user is unknown.

Regards, Gejes

Looking forward to an updated Android app, any idea when we can expect it? Thanks!

1 Like

Definitely would love to see the log files because I could have used them today already when my daughter argued she was home, but the garage door never opened so I could show her the logs :stuck_out_tongue:

Limited access accounts would be great too. I just want my daughters to be able to open/close the door, not actually change any settings, etc.

1 Like

Door motion time for closing and opening.
My door takes longer to open(22 sec) then to close(19 sec).

1 Like

+1 for user accounts with individual notification settings.

1 Like

They have google home control already

Apple Watch App!!! Would love to be able to go for a run just with Watch and be able to close and then open door on return (Series 3 with 4G)

2 Likes

Enclose MAC address of Garadget in the box - would have saved me some time during setup due to the security settings of my home internet :grin::grin:

1 Like

We’ve got an option for Apple Watch. Please check out this post for info about SimpleCommands connection for Garadget.

Please help we have no sounds.
Jerry & Susan

I would love to have Garadget work with Alexa routines. I love that I can say “Alexa, tell Garadget to open” and my garage door opens. That is handy enough. The icing on the cake would be if I could tie this to a routine in Alexa. Currently, when I’m preparing to leave for work I say, “Alexa, I’m leaving.” I then fill a cup of water and Alexa reads me the traffic report for my commute, the weather, she turns off a few wifi switches and Hue lights. I would love to have the garage door open as part of that routine. Thanks to the creator and developers for being open to suggestions. Such a great product. Three days in and I’m loving it.

3 Likes

Additional I/O would be great with configurable use inside firmware. For eample:

1. Outputs - I managed to get separate Open/Close/Stop inputs in my Merlin MT100EVO - using them will make it much more reliable than the single button.
  2. Inputs - Merlin MT100EVO also has output for flashing light when the door is moving (both up and down) - would be great to see it in the app instead of configurable delay.
  3. And also, many handymen will be able to add an addidtional “Open” sensor and connect it to the device.

Alex,
The extension port in the back of Garadget offers 5V power and 2 lines of GPIO that can be also used as I2C serial interface. Together with firmware being consumer re-programmable and open source, this allows variety of connection options.

For wired sensor setup please see these posts.

Thank you Denis, it’s great to know there’s additional I/O! But I don’t want to start messing around with the firmware. Mainly because when you release an update - you need to update these two bins as well…
May be as a “feature request” - can you add an “advanced” configuration options where “advanced” users will be able to configure this I/O as:

1. input/output
  2. NO or NC
  3. ‘Open’ or ‘Close’ sensor

And also, is it possible to provide separate Open/Close outputs?

+1 for guests

for units already installed and online (and more difficult to physically access) the ability to change wireless networks from the app or web access would be great.

+1 for user accounts. IFTTT works ok, but would love to see direct integration for Google Assistant / Home. It would be nice to check the open/closed status via asking Google.

Thanks for developing and maintaining such a great product!

2 Likes

I have been using Garadget for years now and am extremely satisfied. It would be awesome if the Garadget app could be accepted by Google to be added to Android Auto. Having the icon on the car display and being able to open and close the garage door from there would be great

Len

4 Likes

it would be ideal to integrate a feature to capture a still image from an external webcam to show the status of the garage door or any potential obstructions upon query

1 Like