Google Home/assistant integration

Hi @garadget I posted in September but never received a reply. On Android (Pixel 4A running Android 11) in the Google Home app I see a Garadget symbol but no on/off toggle.

The only way to see the on/off toggle is by using my voice to open the garage. “ok Google, open garage door” opens the assistant where the toggle is visible.

All other switches can be toggled from within Google Home (and also the android 11 power menu, which is the new primary way to interact with smart devices in Android), maybe it’s something in the configuration of the integration that needs to be updated?

Cheers
Tobi

This has to do with security. The particulars of user interface are controlled by Google based on the type of the device and there are lots of restrictions on garage doors and locks.

As a workaround in our integration we could pretend that the garage is an on/off switch and that will enable same UI controls as the regular switch, but not sticking to the correct device types may be grounds for integration removal by Google.

Hi - I have exactly the same issue… unlinked the device and while trying to link it again, it goes to the Authorise page. After entering the credentials, it says - successfully linked, but it doesn’t appear under the linked device in Google home. Can you please help.

Krishol,
Please try again now.

It worked, thanks :slight_smile:

Hi, I am having the same issue. Google Home shows that Garadget is linked but then it does not show. Any ideas on how I could resolve? Thank you.

Saurabh, please PM me your device ID. I’ll check things out.

Thanks, have done so!

I seem to have made the same error as this gentleman

I unlinked trying to solve what seemed to be a connection issue with my google home devices and when I try to link again it doesn’t add to my home devices

Justin,
Please PM your device’s device ID and I’ll reset things on the server.

Hi, I am having the same issue. Google Home shows that Garadget is linked but then it does not show.
Can you please help.

Roderick,
Please PM your device’s device ID and I’ll reset things on the server.

Hi, I too am having the same issue with one of my two devices. I show linked but can only see one of my doors.

Todd,
Please PM your device’s device ID

PM sent, Thanks!

I am having the same issue a Thunder are, however now I can’t use voice controls either.

E.g.
I Say, “Hey goggle, open the garage door”.
GA says, “OK, opening the gardge door”.
But the door will not open (or close) using Google assistant voice command.

Any suggestions?

Matt,
Are you able to re-link your Garadget account with Google Assistant?

Yup I just now re-linked the device in the home assistant app but has not resolved the problem.

I see your un/re-linking activity in the log files, but no commands to open/close are coming from google’s server. Are you able to issue the commands with the Garadget app?

Yeah I can open and close via the garadget app no problem. It’s only Google assistant issues that’s not sending commands.